Join our 2022 Devon Indoor Rowing
Championship and find out more about
the upcoming event.
Our online plans are very popular. A
continuous, fully supported and personalised
plan suitable for both fitness enthusiasts with
an interest in indoor rowing and athletes
looking to progress performance.
"I have always kept myself fit, strong and healthy, and rowing has been a part of my overall training programme," says Sam, "in the last few years it has had a bigger presence than before as my goals have become more specific to rowing. For example, recently I have won gold in the 2015 British, English and Welsh Indoor Rowing Championship. The other aspects of my fitness have definitely not suffered! Rowing is a great physique builder."
You can follow Sam's latest news and rowing progress in his blog here.
Evolution of the Concept 2
Benefits of indoor rowing
Indoor Rowing is a coordinated muscle action that involves every large muscle group in the body. Its main benefits:
- Rowing is a non-impact exercise so supports joint health and through wide range of motion.
- It is suitable for all sizes, all ages and all fitness levels.
- It improves cardiovascular health and core strength.
- It is effective for a short or long workout and can be a huge calorie burner.
- Provides an all-body work out, better than any other cardio machine.
- Can facilitate recovery from injury and cardiac rehabilitation.
- A rowing workout can provide stress relief.
- Simple technique and low risk of injury.
- Indoor machine so rowing is not weather dependant.
Why Concept 2?
- It is cheap to buy relative to other exercise equipment.
- No running costs.
- Virtually no maintenance
- No electricity required.
- Monitor easy and informative.
- Easy to store or transport.
Join our Concept2 Indoor Rowing Hub by Fitness Matters on Facebook
A virtual group for those interested in rowing in a friendly and competitive team. Plenty of advice and motivation on offer for all abilities. We also currently post a Workout of the Week (WOW) to help all your rowing times improve.